Monday, February 12, 2007

Mango Pudding

This is one of those recipes I have grown to depend on. I am not much of a dessert person and am always on the lookout for a quick dessert recipe. I ate this mango pudding in the form of a mango pie at my friend A's place a couple of years back. I loved the mango flavor combined with the 'kharvas' like texture. I used to love 'kharvas' back in India. Since A is a very good cook and I was just testing the waters at that point, I assumed the recipe must be complicated and left it at that. I came across it again at my friend S's place for Diwali. She assured me it was pretty easy to make and well so it was. I looked up the recipe online and tried it out. I was delighted to see that I did not have to stand in front of the stove for hours to make it. In fact after a 15-20 minute preparation, all one has to do is leave it in the refrigerator. I make only the filling and let it set in a serving dish instead of a pie crust. The only other alterations I make are to use fat free cream cheese instead of normal cream cheese and to sprinkle saffron strands on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.